- Journalists follow their voices, vote with their feet – Yesterday we learned that New York Times economics correspondent Peter Goodman was decamping for HuffPo. “For me it’s a chance to write with a point of view,” Goodman told Howard Kurtz. He described fitting into the Times voice as “almost a process of laundering my own views, through the tried-and-true technique of dinging someone at some think tank to say what you want to tell the reader.”
- "Twitte ton eurodéputé": Un portail pour poser vos questions directement à vos eurodéputés – Rapproche citoyens et eurodéputés partout en Europe. Contactez votre eurodéputé et faites entendre votre voix sur les sujets qui vous tiennent à cœur !
- New online platform to allow freelancers to auction exclusive stories, by @lauraoliver – Qluso, which was developed by Northern Irish technology start-up NewsRupt and goes live in beta on 4 October, will allow news editors to browse through stories submitted by freelancers and place bids to become the first to publish the material.
- Google’s Schmidt to Colbert: Comment About Kids Changing Their Identity ‘Was a Joke’ @SEWatch – meday have to change their name to distance themselves from embarrassing content on social media sites.<br />
"It was a joke," Schmidt said. "It just wasn't very good."
- Editorial judgment & social curating (The rise of collaborative journalism) – About five years after it took the internet by storm, it is apparent that social media has changed how we do journalism. At the Guardian, CNN and soon the NYTimes, a collaborative journalism of a whole new kind has emerged
- Aufeminin fait sa télé avec du France24 dedans! Aufeminin.TV #pollinisation #winwin , via @mikiane –
- People Spend More Than Half Their Day Consuming Media | via @niemanlab – More has changed in media consumption over the last two years than in the 30 years that proceeded it, Bruce Friend, president of Ipsos OTX MediaCT said at the TheWrap’s Grill Conference on Monday night.<br />
Citing a new Ipsos OTX study of 7,000 online consumers ages 13 to 74, Friend said that thanks to smartphones and laptops, people are now spending one-half of their waking days interacting with media, and have increased their media consumption by an hour per day over the last two years.
- Beware, journalists: Apple is not your friend | by @yelvington – When you hear that Apple is working on a new service to "revolutionize" newspapers, the right response is to check your wallet and make sure the doors are locked, not break out the champagne. Journalists and publishers, Apple is not your friend.<br />
We all make this mistake. Life is like a big card game. They're after your chips.
- 200 000€ de pub locale avec un contenu produit en dehors de la rédaction ? Ca marche (par @egaucher) – Aujourd'hui, la marque Midi blogs a disparu et les blogs des correspondants ont été réintégrés sous l'enseigne « Midi Libre » et certains journalistes du quotidien ont lancé le leur. Le signe certain de la réussite de l'opération !
- Fox, NBC, MLB and others look to squash Seattle startup ivi Inc. – The 18-person company, which launched a live Internet TV service one week ago today, has received cease-and-desist letters from NBC Universal, CBS Broadcasting, Fox Television Stations, Disney, Major League Baseball and others. The letters allege that ivi, which allows users to watch live TV programming over the Internet from anywhere in the world, does not have permission from the content owners to rebroadcast the programming.